Why should I participate?
- Your input will help us design a software for managing primary sources better so that you can be more productive in your research.
- You will get to evaluate early versions of our software to decide whether it meets your needs.
- You will receive a $25 gift certificate for participating in our survey and interview.
- You will receive an additional $50 gift certificate if we observe your work session in an archive reading room.
What will I have to do?
- The current study is designed to understand scholarly practices and needs with respect to managing primary source materials in research projects.
- You may participate in our study at two levels:
- All participants will
- fill out a brief survey questionnaire
- answer interview questions. Your responses will give us an insight into your goals, methods, and work practices
- If you feel comfortable, we would like you to share some of your notes and records from a (past) research project
- As a token of our appreciation of your input, you will receive a $25 gift certificate.
- Optionally, you may let us observe one of your work sessions in an archive reading room. During this session
- we will take notes about your work practices
- conduct a brief interview to get an understanding of the rationale behind your actions
- This session may last longer and as recognition of your greater involvement, you will receive an additional $50 gift certificate.
If you have further questions, please